Ephemerally Everlasting

Copyright 2005-20011 Ephemerally Everlasting

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 28, 2005

Amazing Family

Well, I am moved. My Mom and Dad arrived on the Friday (before Thanksgiving) and we made small trips back and forth (about 20 miles or so) with boxes and small furniture objects all weekend long. Then the “movers” arrived on Monday (the only day it has rained in the month of November) and packed all the large items including the sleigh bed, dresser, chest of drawers, etc. as well as the second bedroom suit.

The Husband did not pack a single thing. My Mom, Dad and I packed all of his stuff and moved it into the garage and they also generously paid to have his living room and den furniture moved into his new place. It’s a week later and he still has to get his stuff out of the garage and bedroom closet before I can turn the keys into the landlord. The move was tiring and exhausting but we’re finished. My new apartment is coming together nicely too. Mom made curtains for the living and dining areas and both bedrooms. I’ll try and get some photos soon. Dad put up shelving in the pantry area and hung the rods for all the curtains and a lot of other general stuff. He was so cute with his three-day beard, scruffy hair, plaid flannel shirt and all of his tools spread out and trying to find just the right bit for his drill.

After getting all of my things out of the house Mom, Dad and I went through and cleaned everything from top to bottom. I cannot believe they were willing to clean up his messes but they were. We vacuumed, dusted, cleaned toilets and bathrooms. We also cleaned up the computer room and its disgusting mess. I am continually amazed at the loving kindness my parents have shown. They are examples to be followed and should I ever be so blessed to have children I would like to think I would follow in their footsteps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home