Ephemerally Everlasting

Copyright 2005-20011 Ephemerally Everlasting

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Untitled

And, still a work in progress but I'm posting it anyway. I'm not sure about the last few lines so I reserve the right to edit.


Please.
Just take me there.

Take me away from all the pain
In altered states on streets of Main
While walking toward your corridor
Circuitous path on a dirty floor
Leads me on, your gritty truth
Clarified in fisheye, loupe

Please.
Just take me there.

A bottle of wine, Blood from my vein
Salty tears, from pleasure gained
In a haze of red, there’s a bruise of blue
And black is the color of my coffee.
Yes black is the color of my coffee.

Please.
Just take me there.

Please.
Just take me there.

Please.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can hear music behind your verses. A strong, defiant female voice--seems like stylized rap. Whenever I try to catch it, though, the tune eludes me.

Do you play the guitar, by any chance?

"Loupe." Nice word choice.

April 29, 2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Ephemeral said...

PB: No, I do not play the guitar, I am a singer though and sometimes I do wirte to that end. This was written while listening to Ani DeFranco so I suppose I was influenced in that way. In my head it's a talk/sing thing. The Please just take me there... is sung and drawn out while the verses are more spoken. I think I may add to it because I like the direction it is going.

Thanks, I confess to being a bit of a wordsmith. I love learning about their history and nuances between similar words. I feel it is a shame today's world must pander to the lowest common denominator with word choice. We're quickly diminishing into a country where slang is always acceptable.

April 30, 2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Music and language, language and music. Both metrical, both lyrical, both beautiful in their subtleties and intonations.

We share similar passions.

May 01, 2006 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home